Monday, December 29, 2008

Meet Ryan

This is my wonderful husband, Ryan. We met as juniors at Bethel College (now University) in St. Paul, MN. Ryan is one of the smartest people that I know. He majored in Chemistry and minored in Math. When we were in college, he liked to study a lot- which almost broke us up, until I used him as a ride to get home for a break in January. We went bowling, and all of a sudden, Ryan had a fun side! He wasn't all serious, mister "I have to study". You know, one morning at Bethel, he called me early in the morning to let me know that the campus didn't unlock their doors until 6 AM on Saturdays. Seriously, I can't make this stuff up. All that aside, Ryan and I have been married for a little over 9 years, can you believe it? Ryan is a food scientist, an amazing cook, and a wonderful father to our little ray of sunshine, and our ladybug on the way.
He is very patient with Noah. He lets Noah "cook" with him, he lets Noah help him with building projects, like below where he made sturdier bookshelves for Noah's and baby ladybug's rooms (Noah likes to climb things, and his bookshelf was NOT sturdy at all). He chases Noah all over the house, and has taught him how to yell loudly, as well as make different noises. They are definitely both boys!
To sum up being married to Ryan, "My beloved is mine, and I am his." Song of Solomon 2:16


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Ah Ryan, why am I not surprised you tried to get in before 6 am. But that makes sense when you fall asleep at 8 pm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we first met Ryan he was standing outside your classroom with a white rose I believe. He reminds me of his Dad, one of the nicest men I've ever met (except for your DAD of course) Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may have been using him for transportation but it is Ryan who got what he wanted.
    love,
    dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Booboo! We first met Ryan at our house surrounded by Jenna's girlfriends who weren't sure if they liked him...I felt really bad for him. But the above memory really stands out in my mind!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete