Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Broken...

Last night I received a phone call from a friend that I have known for 12 years.  Most recently life has been unfair to this person, and I can definitely testify to that as I have watched from the sidelines as people have destroyed his reputation.  Before you ask, yes, I did step up and stand up for him as did his other friends, but to no avail.  This man is broken, and as I spoke to him last night on the phone while he cried and thanked me for standing by him and his family, my heart broke for him and I also cried with him.  Today many of us are meeting up with him to say goodbye to him, and if you are reading this, I just ask that you pray for my friend and his family.  He is a broken man and did not deserve this.  My hope is that God has something much better in store for him.

**********************Update ************************
If you prayed today, thank you.  It was bittersweet saying goodbye.  Tears were shed all around.  His wife and daughter were grateful that we showed up to say goodbye and help him pack.  As we packed, we were able to remember the good times that we shared and found things left by students current and past that brought back good thoughts.  God is good.

1 comment:

  1. I will pray for your friend and family. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete