1) He always has a smile on his face, which is why we call him a "ray of sunshine". Since he was baby, it is rare to see him without a smile.
2) Noah loves his little sister, Juliana, so very much. He would do anything for her. Last year when we were walking home from school, Noah and Juli were walking ahead of me and I noticed Noah yelling at some girls. When I caught up, Noah told me that 2 girls had been making fun of the braces that Juli wore on her ankles. The momma bear in me got angry, but Noah told me, "don't worry, Mom, I took care of it".
3) Noah loves his cousins. He looks forward to the times he gets to play with them, especially Rori and Liam. We wish they lived closer so we could see them more often- that means you too, Candise!
4) He loves to listen to music and sing (he is going to be very sad when he realizes that he gets his singing talent from me). When he is in the shower, you can always be treated to a song he has sung in church or school, or a song we listen to at home. Right now you can usually hear him singing: "Soul on Fire" by Third Day, "Live Like That" by Sidewalk Prophets, and "Our God" by Chris Tomlin.
5) He loves to build. Noah can build anything out of Legos, Duplos, K'Nex or anything you give him. He says he wants to be a Dolphin Trainer when he grows up, but I honestly see some type of engineer in his future. This year it was Noah's turn to have a birthday party (every other year we have enough money for each kid to have a non-family party- we started when Noah was 5 & Juli had her first party last year) and he wanted to use the money instead to go to the Lego Store in Chicago and buy Legos. So this coming weekend, we are headed downtown to get him some more Legos.
6) The kid loves to read. His backpack always has at least 2 books in it to read at day care and at school. He likes to read funny books, so he enjoys: Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Big Nate, How To Train Your Dragon, The Adventures of Frankie Pickle, the Lunch Lady series. I love the Plainfield Library, because all I had to do was tell the librarian that he liked Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Big Nate and she loaded Noah up with all these new authors for him to try and then told him to come back and tell her which ones he liked best so she could help him find even more.
7) Noah loves his grandparents, both sets, and doesn't get to see them enough (guilt trip accomplished). In Noah's ideal world, both sets of grandparents would live next door so that he could see them all the time. Unfortunately, one set lives about 2 hours away and the other set lives in Arizona, but he has learned to treasure the time he has with them. (The grandpas are hard to find in pictures with Noah because he is usually doing something active with them at the time).
Happy birthday, Sunshine! I can't wait to see what this next year brings us!