Saturday, October 24, 2009

Geo Trax...

Our house has recently been hit with what I like to call, the plague. Last weekend, I had the stomach flu. Then, Noah came down with the stomach flu. Then, Ryan came down with a cold and flu, which was then passed on to Noah. The males in our house have been miserable for the entire week. Also this week, Noah chewed through his last Nuk, which has made bedtime rough on all of us.

Yesterday, I decided that after such a rough week (with the males still currently sick), I would put together Noah's Geo Trax sets. When my dad found out that I was having a boy, he went out and bought his future grandson a giant Geo Trax set that he gave Noah the Christmas before he was born. Every Christmas since, he has given Noah more Geo Trax to add to the set.

The first set took me 45 minutes to put together. It required 13 AAA batteries! Before my brain injury, I would have been able to put the track together quickly and have it look like the picture, but it literally took me 4 tries before I was able to do it. The next piece was pretty easy and took me about 15 minutes to do. The last set that I decided to tackle before going to bed was the airport. That one took about 30 minutes (which includes getting it out of the packaging. I swear, whoever packages that stuff must hate parents).

This morning, I brought Noah downstairs, and put him on the couch. He immediately got off the couch and started to play with his train set. He thought it was so cool, and then when I showed him the train was controlled with a remote and that the airplane was controlled with a remote, he was even more excited. It's amazing that before he was even born, Poppa Jim knew he would like trains. Like isn't even the right word. Noah LOVES trains- we watch Thomas and Dinosaur Train a lot in this house.


While I showered this morning, Ryan and Noah opened the extra tracks that Poppa had bought, and they built an even more elaborate track. I think this was the perfect weekend to set this up for Noah, and he's going to have so much fun with it for a long time. Thanks, Poppa Jim!

4 comments:

  1. Looks really cool!! You did a great job assembling. Sorry about the batteries. I want to play with it to.
    Love,
    Poppa Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Noah sing Dinosaur Train at the top of his lungs when the song comes on?:0) We have watched a lot of that, too, and we have had hours upon hours upon hours of enjoyment out of our Geo Trax...even McKenna. It is set up today although "our batteries are always dead". What a wonderful investment and such a sweet thing for Grandpa to start and mommy to spend hours assembling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY COW I'm coming over!!!!Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rori and Liam are gonna love playing with it!

    ReplyDelete