Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Mentoring...

This year, I had the opportunity to be a mentor to a new teacher.  I was chosen to mentor a brand new teacher, fresh out of college.  Her name is Elise, and she is a fantastic human being.  She is sassy and bright and very excited to help students learn.

80's day, isn't she cute?
Mentoring was a two way street.  I helped her and she helped me.  She shared new labs, worksheets, videos and powerpoints.  She also introduced me to the world of snapchat.
My 1st snap!
Isn't this frightening?
She is one of the hardest working new teachers we had this year (actually all of the new science teachers we hired this year are phenomenal- that's my shout out to Farias and Woods).  She didn't take a single day off, not even when she was sick!

Elise, you were a joy to mentor and while I don't think I really did much to mentor you, I want you to know that I am so very proud of you and all you accomplished this year!

1 comment: