Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Appointment In Heaven...

"Noah, today is Chili's appointment for doggie heaven."  "But Momma, I'm going to miss him so much!" said Noah, as he began to cry.  "I know, Sunshine.  I'm going to miss him more than you can ever understand, but his body isn't doing good and you don't want him to hurt anymore, do you?"  "No, Momma.  How is he going to get to doggie heaven?  By the cross like us?"  "No, sweetie.  He's going by the rainbow bridge."  "Jesus will carry him, won't he?  Because Chili Dawg can't walk anymore."  "Yes, Noah.  He won't be alone when he crosses the rainbow bridge."

Tonight we said good-bye to my faithful companion.  His pain had become too much for him.  He put on the front that he didn't hurt; kept a smile on his face and continued to wag his tail, but he couldn't really stand anymore and he could barely walk two steps before he fell.  Ryan had to force feed him his pain medicine this morning, so we knew it was time.  I spent part of last night laying on the floor next to him as he tried to find a comfortable position.  I cried into his fur and thanked him for being a faithful companion and loving me unconditionally.  There is no question in my mind that this dog was sent to me from God, and he has been a blessing to our family from the moment he arrived.

Run free and out of pain, Chili Dawg.  I love you so much!

Our last weekend together

My heart is broken...

10 comments:

  1. Punky,
    I hurt so bad for you. I so wish I could come up with the words that would bring you comfort but I truly know the pain you feel. Just know that I love you and just want to wrap my arms around you.
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, my little mama, me too. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, Jenna. So sorry. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart hurts for you Jenna. It's a treasure to have had such a faithful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry Jenna. I wish I knew the words to say. We all will miss Handsome Rob very much. Watching him let the wind blow his mane about and knowing he was thinking I'm the most handsomest dog ever still makes me chuckle. Knowing Leia and Fred are waiting for him helps. Chili Dawg will be missed.--Bill

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not sad for Chili, because I know he had a great life with you, and I know he's pain free now and running amok with the other Tripawd heroes that went before him. But I am sad for you because I know he leaves a big empty spot in your home and a big paw-shaped hole in your heart. I hope the memories and the love, which never dies, fill up those empty spaces. Hugs, Jackie, Abby's mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenna-
    I am a friend of your sister's and I wanted you to know how sorry I am about Chili-Dawg. I have been thinking about you today. Our sweet dog Maggie crossed the Rainbow Bridge in July, and I know how much it hurts. I miss her so much. All I can say is that it starts to hurt less as time goes on and that I can now think about and talk about all of the happy memories we shared with Maggie and can smile now instead of cry. My heart does break for you and your family- I know these first few days are so incredibly hard. God Bless you all.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs to you my friend. I know there is a part of your heart that belongs to him alone. My you find comfort in the sweet memories of your faithful companion. Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chili is a wonderful and such a sweet loving dog. I wish him all the best in doggie heaven. He was such a good companion for you and so special. I wish I could have been there to say goodbye. He is so sweet. I am glad he is now painless and with Jesus now. I love you, Chili!

    ReplyDelete