Sunday, June 28, 2009

It only took 7.5 weeks!


Today, my little ladybug is 2 months old. Where has the time gone? Last week, Noah finally acknowledged that he has a sister. I think before he just thought she was going to eventually go away.


Last Friday, I had Juliana laying on the couch doing some tummy time, and she got up on her side. Noah noticed, and ran over to the couch to lay next to her, and called her "sister". I've been trying to get him to say Juliana or Juli, but he's happy calling her "sister". Now, any time that she is crying, he lets me know that "sister crying momma". Sometimes he says, "i get nuk" and pushes a chair to the changing table, gets up on the chair, finds Juliana's nuk, and brings it to me. On Thursday, he actually got the nuk in her mouth and she stopped crying for us. I think he's going to be a good big brother, and it only took him 7.5 weeks to acknowledge her (it was a long 7.5 weeks for me, I felt so bad for Noah).





Now on to other stories...


On Wednesday, after we all got adjusted at the chiropractor, I took Noah to get his hair cut. As much as I love him to be shaggy, he needed shorter hair for the summer, and I think they did a really nice job on it. He looks so different now!

Before...


After...


On Thursday we had several doctor's appointments to go to. In the morning I took Juliana up to the cardiologist. Our wonderful neighbor, Pam, watched Noah for us and put him down for a nap. Ryan met me there. Juliana did not like the stethoscope at all. Any time the doctor put it on her chest, she began to scream. It was diva-ish behavior. I told her, jokingly, that we are only tolerating it because she's a small baby, once she gets older, we will not tolerate that type of behavior. The cardiologist laughed. He was nice and left the room 3 times so we could get her calmed down, because if you've heard Juliana scream, you know that you cannot hear anything over that! The doctor gave us some good news in that he thinks her smallest hole is closing- which is a huge relief to us!


Thursday afternoon we went to the pediatrician for a well-baby checkup and to get her belly button checked. Noah was really good and got to hold the expensive doctor equipment when Dr. Russell came in the room, plus he got a bunch of Thomas stickers from the nurse. Juliana is up to 9 lbs 2.4 ounces, which puts her in the 14th percentile for weight. She doesn't look like she's 9 lbs, but once he told me her head was in the 72nd percentile, I figured out where all the weight it. Lengthwise, she's in the 3rd percentile. Guess she's not going to be very tall, but then again, neither are Ryan and I.


And finally, yesterday I was able to drag out the kiddie pool so that Noah could play in it with Daddy. After almost an hour in it, Daddy made Noah come inside, because even though he was wearing sunscreen, Noah's nose was starting to turn a little pink.



2 comments:

  1. Noah has ears! I do like the shaggy look too, but he is awfully cute with his summertime look. Ladybug looks very long to me! I can't believe she is already 2 months old:):( Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww...but after 7.5 weeks they now have a lifetime of fun to spend together and the 7.5 weeks will be a blip on the radar.

    ReplyDelete