Monday, July 8, 2013

Why So Silent?

I have been silent on here, not posting much this year.  There are a few reasons- losing Finchy so soon after Chili Dawg hurt quite a bit, our family has been plagued with illness (I haven't had ear infections or sinus infections since I was a little kid and a teenager and then pink eye hit our house...), but there's a bigger reason.

Have you ever done the right thing?  I mean, you KNOW in your heart of hearts that you have done the right thing.  You've prayed about it.  Been up thinking about it because it's constantly on your heart.  You know that when you do this right thing that it may cause waves, but it's the right thing to do.

Yeah, that happened to me.  I did the right thing.  TWICE.  The first time, I watched and nothing happened, so I went one step beyond.  Nothing happened.  The people that were supposed to change the thing that was wrong didn't fix it.  There was no where left for me to go from there.  I will admit, it devastated me for a long time.  To know I did the right thing twice.  Not once, but two times, and nothing happened! NOTHING!  I was angry.  Very angry.  Ask my friends and family, it wasn't pretty.  But then, other people stepped up and said something as well.  Because they saw how angry and hurt I was, they said something.  Nothing has happened still, but more people have spoken up.

Will I still do the right thing again, knowing that this will probably happen to me again?  Of course.  That's how I was raised.  That's the example I want to set for my kids. 

1 comment:

  1. I am learning that sometimes you have to say no, and that's not the wrong thing. Sometimes it feels like the right thing is being the doormat, but I don't think it always is...It's hard, we will keep praying

    ReplyDelete