Sunday, July 25, 2010

One Of My Favorite Things...

One of my favorite things to do is to watch Noah and Juliana play together when they don't realize I'm there. Today we were down in the basement, and I watched while Noah watched Juliana trying to climb into a wagon. She couldn't get over the high wooden sides. Noah told her to stop, and he took off the sides, and said, "that should make it easier, sister". After she climbed into the wagon, he proceeded to slowly and carefully push the wagon around the basement, stopping to give her imaginary toys or food. Both of them were giggling, and there isn't a better sound in the world than a child's laughter to make you smile. This went on for a little while, and I really wanted to go up and grab the video camera and capture the moment, but I knew that if I moved by the time I got back it would be over. Watching my two babies play together reminded me that this time will pass all too quickly. That even though there are days when I am exhausted from all the therapies and car rides to this doctor or that doctor, I need to just stop and enjoy the time that I have with my little treasures. Thank you, Jesus, for this reminder.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jesus too for the reminder...we have only so many marbles left in our jar of weekends or days...do the important things...enjoy the little things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you get those reminders too! It's so nice to see them playing happily together without a care in the world!

    ReplyDelete