Monday, November 1, 2010

Thank You, Kelly...

Last week was rough. We had a big disappointment with our visit from Children's Memorial. I can't even tell you how much that devastated me. I had had such high expectations and hopes. I can't even talk about it because it makes me so very angry. I know I posted the story, but that doesn't even begin to tell you what we went through, I gave you the edited version, the version you would see if you put on your rose colored glasses. I haven't even begun to deal with the anger I feel about what happened and it has put me into a kind of "funk". It's not a depression, I've been depressed. I went through a horrible depression after my brain injury and after the Jeff incident, I know what depression is like and this isn't it.
Friday night, Noah and I were hanging out watching some Thomas the Train while Ryan put the little girl to bed, when the doorbell rang. I opened the door to find Kelly standing on my doorstep with a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of sunflowers.

Kelly, I can't begin to tell you how much that brightened up the mood in our house. I can't begin to tell you how much that gesture meant to me, but it meant a lot, so thank you, Kelly. You are a good friend. I hope that one day I can be there for you the way you have been there for me these past few years.

3 comments:

  1. Sunflowers do brighten up the house and thanks to Kelly for doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sunflowers! What a nice friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! That was so sweet of her!

    ReplyDelete