Sunday, May 3, 2009

Such a good big brother...

Ryan and I were worried about how Noah would take to having a little sister. When he came to visit in the hospital, he wanted to sit on my lap the first day- that wasn't going to happen. I was way too sore. He had a meltdown. When he left, he kissed Juliana on the head. The next day when he visited, he was still a little angry with me, but by the time he left, he gave me a hug. I didn't get to see him at all the next day, as we were at the hospital until after his bedtime waiting to talk to the cardiologist.

When I came downstairs the next morning, Noah really didn't want to have anything to do with any of us- except grandma. Ryan sat down next to him with the baby, and he scooted as far away from Ryan as possible. As the day went on, Noah warmed up to his little sister, and eventually even forgave me for leaving him. He came up to me, grabbed my arms and put them around him for a hug. I melted.

Since we've been home, Noah has been a great helper. He's very interested in diaper changing time- he pushes a chair over to the changing table and hands whoever is doing the changing the wipes. When it's time to feed Juliana, he carries the burp cloth or the bottle over to whoever is doing the feeding. When she cries, he pats her on the back and says, "shhh, no cry". Today, she spit up, and without being asked, he went and got the burp cloth and wiped off Ryan and then handed the burp cloth to Ryan to clean up Juliana. (I was in the shower, otherwise I would have gotten the camera for that!).

We've been washing a ton of girls' clothes that we received as gifts- Ryan didn't want to do it before the baby arrived because he was sure that the doctor was going to say that she was a boy and then we'd be stuck with girls' clothes that we didn't need- he should have just listened to me- I knew she was going to be a girl before they told me she was. Anyway, Noah wanted to help carry the clothes upstairs to the washer. Instead of carrying one or two items, he wanted to carry them all, and gave me the hangers to carry. I followed behind him and picked up the few items that he dropped on the way. I have to give him credit for perseverence, because he dropped like 3 things, carried the clothes all the way up the steps and then put them one by one into the washer.

We have been blessed with a wonderful little boy. Juliana is blessed to have such a good little brother.

I will add new pictures sometime soon- I just don't want to go downstairs to get the card from the camera. It was a long night last night.

3 comments:

  1. Adriane MatkovichMay 3, 2009 at 1:02 PM

    Awww. That is so cool. I think Noah and Juliana are going to be a really close :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see you guys. I would have loved to see Noah dragging all that stuff upstairs. Ladybug is going to have to change at least 4 times a day to get in all the outfits. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet boy! I hope my boy takes to his new sibling as well--Noah can teach him!

    ReplyDelete