Saturday, May 23, 2009

A nice long weekend...

Well, this week hasn't been easy. Monday, my mom was here, and thank God that she was. Juliana was having a difficult day. We went to see the pediatrician to have her weighed and checked out. She's now over 7 pounds which is great! I talked to the pediatrician (a really great guy) about how she was projectiling sometimes after eating and arching her back. He showed me a way to hold her to help with the acid reflux, but since it was only happening occasionally, he didn't want to give her any medicine- which I was fine with. I don't like medicating my children. Anyway, once we got home, the crying began. She fought the bottle even though she was hungry and was arching her back. Mom and I took turns walking with her and trying to calm her down. Nothing was really working. Eventually that evening we got her calmed down- Ryan and I went for a walk with our two kids and she fell asleep.

The next day the crying started around 8. She also started projectiling after every feeding. My sister came over to bring us some dinners (thanks Jaime the enchiladas were fantastic!) and brought Noah's cousins. Noah and Liam were both fragile together, and took turns crying on and off. Jaime tried to work her baby whisperer magic on Juliana and nothing worked. By the end of the afternoon I was fried. I was tired of cleaning up projectile, and worried because she wasn't keeping anything in her, and yet she was hungry. Noah was fragile, and had decided that he wasn't going to poop anymore, so I was dealing with that as well. I called the doctor and explained to the nurse what was going on. After she spoke with the doctor, she called me back and the doctor was going to call in zantac for her, because she needs to gain weight with her heart issues. I called Ryan at work, crying as well, and he said he'd pick up the medicine.

Since she started the zantac she has only projectiled twice. She doesn't arch her back while she's eating and no longer cries when she's eating as well. I don't want to keep medicating her, but it seems to be working right now. Unfortunately it also makes her sleepy.

On the Noah front, I spoke to the pediatrician on Monday about him keeping his poop in. He tgave us some ideas which included mineral oil. It has been a battle, but when either of us see him trying to keep it in (he has a face he makes), we bend him in half until it comes out. Then, he is treated to some M & Ms. Of course, as of this moment he now has diarrhea, but at least he's pooping.

I am very thankful that this is a long weekend. This way Noah will get attention and get to play outside as well. I feel so bad for him because he wants to go outside but usually Juliana is crying or eating, and then it's too sunny for her to be outside, so we have to wait for Ryan to come home.

Noah and I went grocery shopping this morning and had a nice time. Then he napped, played outside, and gets to go to Home Depot with his daddy.

Tomorrow we will attempt to go to church for the first time since Juliana was born. Wish us luck.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the pooping and projectiling are coming under control...Love MOM See you soon

    ReplyDelete