Monday, April 25, 2011

Ms. Laura...

My daughter turns 2 years old this week.  As we get closer to her birthday, I wanted to introduce you to some important people in her/our lives.  The first one is Laura.  Laura is Juliana's speech/feeding therapist.  She replaced Peggy (who we still love and keep in contact with).  We have been working with Laura for almost a year now. 

Laura sees Juliana twice a week and it is with Laura's help that we are starting to hear more "words" from Juliana.  Laura is one of the most patient people that I know, which is a good match since Juliana is so stubborn.  Last week I got a text message from Laura that went something like this: "Am giving J a break. Was able to get her to verbalize "all done" and "more" 5 times after practically standing on my head".  I had to laugh, because that is what you have to do sometimes when you are working with Juliana.

Laura goes above and beyond her job as Juliana's speech therapist.  Back in October when Juliana was admitted at Children's, she called to check on us and texted me often to check in on Juilana.  While we were in the ER when Juliana had her "seizure", when I finally got service, I had several texts from Laura checking on Juliana and us- she even offered to get Noah for us.  The next day she called to check on all of us to make sure we were doing okay as well.

These are just some of the reasons why we love Laura.  In addition to the above reasons, Laura & Peggy were able to get Juliana past her feeding aversion.  She now eats age appropriate foods.  Now our only problem is getting her to eat enough bites before she refuses to eat anymore (oh, if only I had that problem).

So thank you, Laura, for all your hard work.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Miss Laura--it's always nice to see the faces of the people you tell us about!

    ReplyDelete