Sunday, February 15, 2009

My little valentine...

My first year teaching, I was across the hall from a lady who has now become one of my close and dear friends. Her name is Bernadette, and if it wasn't for her, I probably would not be teaching Chemistry. Some days when I was having a really hard time, she would stay after school and teach it to me until I understood what I was doing. Other times, if I had never done a certain lab before, she would stay after school, help me set up and do the lab with me. We're not good lab partners- if we had been partners in school, one of us would have gotten injured, we're both sure of it.

So, what does this have to do with my little valentine?

Well, every time there is a holiday, Bernadette always makes cupcakes for our department. She buys the specially shaped cupcake tins, the special cupcake mix, the special colored frosting, and brings the special sprinkles so people can put their own toppings on. On Friday, she made cupcakes for Valentine's Day, and at the end of the day, she left one on my desk for me to bring home to Noah- she's always thinking of others.
Let's just say, my little valentine, really enjoyed his cupcake, especially the frosting. Thanks, Bernadette, for remembering my little boy.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Bernadette for being a great friend to Jenna. Now, I want to hear about your swanlike antics in the lab....HMMMMMMMMMM.
    Loved being with my Ray...Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes look yummy! Glad Noah's getting a sweet tooth

    ReplyDelete