Thursday, February 12, 2009

Special Bedtime...

Tonight I got to put Noah to bed. Normally, Ryan reads Noah 2 stories and puts him to bed, because he says it's not fair that I get to get Noah up in the morning and get to snuggle with him. Tonight, Ryan has tunnel vision- if you know Ryan you know what I'm talking about. Last night we had sump pump issues. Long story short, it's currently 7:15 pm, and my husband is outside in the backyard attempting to dig up the sump pump pipe that we buried when we built our house over 5 years ago. Yes, I realize that it's February and the ground isn't thawed, and we could just run a hose over the lawn until the ground is thawed. I realize that, but like I said, my husband has tunnel vision.

Anyway, thanks to his tunnel vision, I got to put Noah to bed tonight. Noah really likes the Sandra Boynton books. He has 5 of them, and every night he picks two to get read to him. He always picks, "Moo, Baa, La La La"- I think Ryan and I have that one memorized, and then he usually lets Ryan pick the second, but sometimes he doesn't. Tonight, I got to read him "Moo, Baa, La La La", and then I read him "Oh My Oh My Dinosaurs", and then I read him, "The Going to Bed Book". He wanted me to keep reading him books, and I wanted to keep reading him books, but then I noticed he was rubbing his eyes and yawning, and could barely keep his eyes open, so I reluctantly decided to put him in his crib. I realized at this moment, that my little boy has really grown up. He's going to turn 2 in a couple weeks, and eventually, he won't want to sit on my lap and look at books. So the next time my husband has tunnel vision, I'm going to read him as many books as he wants!

2 comments:

  1. How sweet :) He's such a sweet boy to sit there nice while you read to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn tootin' you read him all the books you want! Love GaGa Moo LaLa

    ReplyDelete