Monday, September 13, 2010

Good News...

Over the weekend, some good things happened, that I'd like to share.

1) Ryan finally agreed to join a Journey Group at church. When we lived up in Wheaton, we were in a really great small group (yeah Steve, Jill, Tracy and Eric, I'm talking about you guys). Ryan likes to describe himself as a hermit, so I've been praying that he would join one of the guy groups because, as you all know, we are a bit stressed out with Juliana and I think it would be good if he had people to talk to or do "guy stuff" with. While I am the ultimate tom-boy, I don't fit the bill in all aspects.

2) Juliana finally decided that Ryan and I are right. Going down the steps head first is NOT the correct way, and has settled for going down the steps on her tummy feet first. In fact, she has become so proficient at this, that if you are not paying attention, she may take you out at the ankles. Ryan, Miss Meghan (her physical therapist), Theresa, and I have been working on this one since the end of May, and it has finally happened. I'm going to try to get some video of her racing down the steps and post it soon. Meghan was pretty surprised to see how speedy she was at today's therapy session.

3) Because Juliana has finally decided to do the steps our way, we have finally been able to get rid of the baby gate at the bottom of the steps, and it definitely looks weird after being there for 3+ years. We left the gate at the top of the stairs where the bedrooms are because if Noah ever realizes that he can get out of his big boy bed before we get him in the morning, I don't want to have to worry about him falling down the steps (or whenever Juliana the monkey figures out how to climb out of her crib which I fear may happen soon).

Since I feel like all I am ever doing is complaining/whining, I thought I would take the time to share some good news. Thanks to everyone who have been praying for us. We really appreciate it.

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the spider monkey going down the stairs. Glad there is a tiny meadow and you can still see the trees for the forest. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo! Looking forward to seeing your little munchkin go down the steps.:o) Yeah! It's so funny the way we all celebrate and do a little dance when we can get rid of those gates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We thought we were going to get rid of our gate, and then along came Brendan...But yay for the other stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow im sure it is weird not seeing the gate there. Im sure it will even look weird to me and I only lived there for a couple months! I cant wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea for good news!!! I can't wait for the video :)

    ReplyDelete