Sunday, September 12, 2010

This Little Light Of Mine...

On Sundays we take two cars to church. This way, after the first service, Ryan can take both kids home and get Juliana down for her nap (if she needs one- she's starting to give up the morning nap) or get her fed, while I serve in the 2's and 3's room during the second service. Noah usually chooses to ride to church in the "man car" with Ryan. The "man car" is Ryan's Honda Civic stick shift. They listen to Veggie Tales on the way to church.

Today, Noah chose to ride in the car with me. He asked to listen to the Veggies on the way to church, so I put them on. Normally, I don't take the time to pay attention to what Veggie Tale song is playing, because they were on all the time this summer, but today I did. The first song was, "If You're Happy and You Know It..." and I noticed Noah was singing along and clapping his hands, stomping his feet, and doing what else the song told him to do. The next song was, "This Little Light Of Mine..." I noticed Noah was singing the words too.

Then he asked me, "let it shine till Jesus comes? When is Jesus coming, Momma?" I told him that I didn't know, that no one knows when Jesus will come. So Noah gave me his standard answer, "Maybe tomorrow, Momma". Then I pulled into a parking spot at church, and Ryan opened Noah's side of the van, and Noah said, "I'm gonna let my light shine, Daddy!"

Have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Great reminder for a new week! Hope it's a good one for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Ray...he is something else! Let's hope everyone's light shines beautifully this week for my oldest girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be great if he's right...I'm ready to see Him today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for him!! Faith like a child!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Noah is so precious! Yes, good for him! =)

    ReplyDelete