Friday, October 22, 2010

Pep Talk...

I have mentioned in many posts how much we love Juliana's therapists. It's true. We LOVE them. They are amazing women. Uh-May-Zing. All week I have been trading emails with Laura, Juliana's speech therapist. She asked me to give her a call when I had a free moment. Even gave me her home phone number so that I could call her at home- now that is dedication.

I haven't really wanted to talk to anyone on the phone this week. I've preferred email. I haven't even wanted to talk to my friends at work. I've told them the bare minimum, but I just don't want to talk about it. I don't know why. Maybe because then it will make it more real. I don't know. Maybe because I'm up most of the night thinking about it and I want to escape from it all at work- more likely the reason.

Anyway, I finally called Laura today on our way to the chiropractor. Her whole reason for wanting me to call? She wanted to encourage me. How nice is she?!? We talked for about 20 minutes, and it was nice.

I did find out that she is feeling like she has been useless to us and to Juliana because of the whole eating issue. However, I did remind her that Juliana knows how to chew and to swallow thanks to her and Peggy, and there really isn't anything that she can do for Juliana feeding wise now unless she wants to hold her down and force feed her- which we all know is not an option. So, I'd like to ask you to pray for Laura, because we don't want her to feel useless. Juliana has progressed. She even has a few words that she says now, thanks to Laura's persistence.

No comments:

Post a Comment