Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Holly and Juliana...

Dear Holly,

I'm not going to lie, it's been a rough year for our family. I never thought my little girl would have as many issues as she has had. Back in March, I was fighting an ongoing battle with depression. Then, you asked if you could still move in with us. Ryan and I talked about it, and prayed about it, and even asked our pastor for his input. Before you moved in, I wasn't sure how it would work out. Would it be awkward? Would it be uncomfortable?

From the first day that you lived with us, I knew it was going to work. You let Noah drag you around the house, and as soon as you got home from school or I got home from school, you immediately began to help out.
You know my kids love you. Juliana lights up as soon as you walk into the room. You have been such a help with her. Even if she's cranky, you willingly pick up the slack and entertain her or attempt to feed her. You've praised her with us when she started saying, "Uh-oh", and when she started army crawling. You are such a natural with her. You will make an excellent elementary school teacher.

I know that Juliana may not remember you after you move home, but please know that we will let her know how much you meant to us, how much you loved her, and how much she loved you.

3 comments:

  1. Love the last picture. Sounds like a perfect fit for all involved. She has a great example of a teacher in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't go, Holly!!! Jenna will pay you to be her live in nanny/friend/helper! Who needs college anyway? Can't beat real life experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jaime...but we know you need to go and start your new beginning...God speed Holly

    ReplyDelete